Dev Blog

View From Below Update 4.0

November 10th, 2020

Following 2 recent small updates - 3.1 and 3.2 - today I'm really excited to announce that the biggest update for View From Below yet is up now! It includes new content, new features, new secrets, and lots of polish and refinement throughout the game.

Here are just some of the updates:

New Content and Features

  • New Secret: Added a mysterious, locked igloo to Chapter 3. Unlocking it will take some exploration.

  • Added The Fountain of Riches to Glacies, just to the left of the hide out. You can use it to exchange 1 point of defense for 30 gold.

  • Added a Blacksmith near the start of Ignis that will upgrade your Toy Sword to a Flame Sword

  • Added 3 Chance Chests throughout the game - they have a 90% chance of containing a mushroom, and a 10% chance of containing a Diamond Fruit

  • Added Silver coins worth 3 gold, and bronze coins worth 1 gold. The positions of coins have also been rebalanced.

New Achievements

  • “Spell Caster” - land a perfect Arcane Beam spell attack

  • “Master of Attack” - Train with all 3 of the Warrior Spirits

  • “Igloo Treasure” - Solve the mystery of the igloo

  • “Fire and Iron” - Have the blacksmith upgrade your toy sword

  • “The Fountain” - Make a deal at The Fountain of Riches

  • “Oh Veer!” - Get over 200 points in Oh Veer

  • “Balloon Popper” - Get over 130 points in Balloon Pop

  • “Cookie Chomper” - Get over 200 points in Cookie Chomp

  • I also made the achievement icons color coded as Bronze, Silver, Gold and Diamond to show difficulty

...and lots more!

  • Improved over world visuals

  • Improved map design

  • Improved dialogue

  • Improved enemy art

  • A couple of minor and rare bug fixes

  • Other tweaks and improvements that further polish up the game

You can check out the full patch notes in the community forums. If you have any suggestions or feedback, make sure to post it in the community forums or in a review! I might take it on board for a future update.

Thanks so much to every one who has played View From Below so far- I hope the new updates will make your current play through, or your future play throughs, that much more enjoyable.

If you haven't played yet, now is the perfect time as the game is currently 35% off for the next 2 weeks. Buy it now!

Be well,

-Jack.